The Ontario International Canadian School was established to provide its students with an educational experience which is future-focused, rich in content, progressive in methodologies, oriented towards social responsibility and above all, academically demanding. In order to deliver on this intended experience the Ontario International Canadian School publically commits to the following principles.
- The administrative, academic and support staff will be carefully selected for the combination of education, experience and temperament which will contribute fully to their school’s mission.
- The majority of the teaching staff will be Canadian trained, certificated and experienced.
- All staff will participate annually in a thoughtful and comprehensive performance appraisal process to support their efforts to pursue continuous professional improvement.
- The school’s curriculum will be that used currently in Canadian schools, delivered using the same instructional and evaluative strategies employed in Canadian schools.
- Curriculum delivery will be supported by classroom equipment, materials and textbooks used in Canadian schools and as necessary, imported from Canada.
- The school’s Arabic, Islamic Studies and Religion programs will be based on the appropriate Dubai curricula delivered to the same high standard as the Canadian curriculum program.
- Student-teacher engagement will be based on the principle of mutual respect and student management practices will mirror those employed in Canadian schools.
- Regular and comprehensive communication between the school and the home on procedural, social and educational matters will be the norm.
- Clear and current communication of individual student progress will be the norm to insure that parents are fully apprised of their student’s progress over time.
- Parents will not simply be welcomed but encouraged to consult with school staff regularly concerning their student’s progress or on any other matters of interest or concern.
In return, The Ontario International Canadian School expects that parents of its students will commit to the following:
- Become familiar with the school’s academic, social and behavioral expectations for their sons and daughters and support the school’s actions in dealing with related difficulties.
- Seek clarification or explanation directly with the school for matters which are not clear or which concern them.
- Provide the school with information concerning health or personal matters about which it should be aware.
- Involve themselves in the education of their children by taking full advantage of school activities such as parent conferences, communication evenings and arranged parent education events.
- Share with the school the belief that learning, while challenging, is truly a joyful journey into the future taken by the student, the parents and their school, together.
The Ontario International Canadian School and its parents acknowledge the expectations expressed in this commitment and pledge together to honour them fully.